Philo Culturo is home to many things, from resources on how to cite to pop culture analysis, but Philo Culturo is also a place were free texts live.
If you are an instructor looking for poems and other texts for your students or if you are looking for something to read for yourself, we may have just what you’re looking for.
Here is a list of the current offerings of poems at Philo Culturo:
- Bierce, Ambrose – “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”
- Chopin, Kate – “The Story of an Hour”
- Christie, Agatha – “The Adventure of the Western Star”
- Conan Doyle, Arthur – “A Scandal in Bohemia”
- Conan Doyle, Arthur – “The Red-Headed League”
- De Maupassant, Guy – “The Thief”
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott – “The Cut-Glass Bowl”
- Hemingway, Ernest – “My Old Man”
- Hemingway, Ernest – “Up In Michigan”
- Joyce, James – “Araby”
- Kafka, Franz – “Metamorphosis”
- Mansfield, Katherine – “The Garden Party”
- Poe, Edgar Allan – “The Tell-Tale Heart”
- Poe, Edgar Allan – “The Masque of the Red Death”
- Wells, H.G. – “The Beautiful Suit”
- Wilde, Oscar – “The Selfish Giant”
- Wilkins Freeman, Mary E. – “The Shadows on the Wall”
Our list continues to expand, so be sure to check back for additional short stories and short story collections.
If you are looking for poetry, novels, folktales, or non-fiction, take a look at our library of Free Texts.
More from Philo Culturo