This resource offers some materials to help build out your classroom unit on The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri.
· Brief Overview: Jhumpa Lahiri, Major Themes & Symbols in The Namesake
· Reading Check Quiz (with Answer Key)
· Study Questions (with Suggested Answers)
· The Namesake Test: 15 Multiple Choice Questions & 5 Short Answer Questions (with Answer Key)
· Connecting Quotes Activity
· Question Bank: 30 Questions for Discussion, Plus 10 Questions on Literary Elements
· Essay & Directed Thematic Analysis: “The Namesake & Social Scripts”
The Test Portion
A literary studies test for Jhumpa Lahiri’s novel, The Namesake.
This resource has two parts, each on a different page so that if preferred the test can be given as (1) a 15-question multiple choice reading-review quiz and (2) a short-answer exam.
Together, these two pieces offer a concise way to evaluate student comprehension of the novel in terms of plot, character and theme while also offering a step toward deeper literary analysis in the short answer section.
Perfect for finishing a unit on the novel and getting students ready for an essay on The Namesake.
Download This Resource
Instructor Membership @ Philo Culturo
Explore our growing catalogue of instructor resources for the high school and early college language arts classroom.
Become a member for full access to downloads for classroom use.
Find resources for anything from teaching citation style to bringing climate change into the classroom as a topic for argument and critical thinking. Plus tests, quizzes, and study materials for popular literary short stories, novels and plays.